We continue to follow government guidance in relation to coronavirus
However our offices have now re-opened with effect from 12th April. Clients are now able to visit our offices, however, in line with the guidelines, we would be grateful if you can contact us first, so that we can make sure that the appropriate staff member is available to see you.
We aim to provide as much support as possible to clients in these difficult times, and are contactable as usual via the office telephone number 0191 580 5100 or via our normal e-mail addresses
Updated 21st April 2021
Support for Business during coronavirus
Various support schemes for small businesses have been announced for to assist in dealing with disruption caused by the cononavirus
- Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme – extended to September 2021 – currently paid at 80% for all hours not worked (either full or part-time) – decreasing to 70% in July and 60% in August
- Local authority administered grants for those businesses required to shut, or severely affected by the lock-down.
- Self-employed income support scheme – 4th round available from the end of April and the 5th round in July.
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) to be paid from the first day of absence. Government to fund full cost of two weeks SSP to small and medium-sized businesses
- Coronavirus Recovery loan scheme – to help businesses of any size access loans and other kinds of finance so they can recover after the pandemic and transition period. Application deadline is 31st December
- Businesses rate relief for most heavily affected sectors
- Businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress will be able to negotiate ‘time to pay’ arrangements with HMRC without incurring late payment penalties
- Installments available for VAT deferred in 2020 via online portal.
More details can be found here
What help can I get for my Business
Coronavirus Job-Retention Scheme
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Recovery Loan Scheme
Local Authority Grant Details
Sunderland – https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/covid-19business
County Durham – https://www.durham.gov.uk/covid19businessgrants
Updated 21st April 2021
Welcome to CERTAX Sunderland
Here at Certax Accounting Sunderland we offer a full range of accountancy, taxation, pay-roll, book-keeping and consultancy services.
We provide services to individuals, sole-traders, and companies. With our ethos of “no customer is too small”, we can assist with your accounting needs whatever your circumstances and whatever the size of your business. We are proactive accountants who take a genuine interest in your business and aim to help you to become more profitable. The team is led by Michael Hendy ACMA, who is a fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant. Michael set up the Certax Sunderland office following over 25 years’ experience of accountancy and business.
What benefits can a good accountant bring ?
- Annual accounts and tax returns produced on time
- Ongoing tax review ensuring you are not paying too much to HMRC
- Make informed business decisions with management accounts
- Become more profitable with financial analysis tools
- Strategic financial advice for your business when you need it
- Professional advice, generally free of charge to existing clients
Our accountancy services include;
- Full or partial book-keeping services
- VAT returns
- Company secretarial services
Choose the right support for you;
Start-up accountancy package – for new businesses to help you get started and deal with the formalities, so you don’t have the worry of “having to do the accounts”, and can focus on building your business. Accounting review package – for existing businesses to identify how you can spend less time and money on your accounts, as well at get better information to help to you make money. Company incorporation – registered office and company secretarial services. Consultancy services – to help you improve margins and drive down costs to make your business more profitable. Get in touch to arrange your Accountancy Review.