Due to the current situation in relation to the Coronavirus we are following government advice and our office remains closed for the time being.
Our office telephone number remains in operation and calls will be forwarded to us at home.
We are working from home where possible, however in line with the social distancing advice, we are not able to meet clients in person. We are happy to talk to clients via telephone and e-mail.
We hope that clients understand why it is necessary for us to take these measures at this time. Please be assured that we remain focussed on providing the best service possible to you, and that we remain available to help your business navigate these difficult times in any way possible.
Updated 4th May 2019
Government Support for Business
The government has announced various support for small businesses to assist in dealing with disruption caused by the cononavirus.
It is expected that the chancellor will be making a furtehr announcement in relation to help available to the self-employed on Thursday 26th March.
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) to be paid from the first day of absence. Government to fund full cost of two weeks SSP to small and medium-sized businesses
- Coronavirus “bouce-back” loan scheme – easy to access scheme helps small and medium-sized businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) to access loans of up to £50,000.
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) – provides financial support to smaller businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All businesses with a rateable value of up to £51,000 will pay no business rates for 2020/21
- Grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- Small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- Businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress will be able to negotiate ‘time to pay’ arrangements with HMRC without incurring late payment penalties
- VAT payments due in the next three months (to 30th June) will be deferred (we believe until March 2021 – but to be confirmed)
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. All UK employers will be able to access support to continue paying part of their employees’ salary for those employees that would otherwise have been laid off during this crisis.
- A self-employment income support scheme
More details can be found here
Help for Businesses
Coronavirus Job-Retention Scheme
Bounce-back Loan Scheme
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Sunderland City Council – Cash Grants to Businesses
Other Local Authorities – Cash Grants
Durham County Council – https://www.durham.gov.uk/ndrgrants
South Tyneside Council – https://www.investsouthtyneside.com/article/62788
Updated 4th May 2020
Welcome to CERTAX Sunderland
Here at Certax Accounting Sunderland we offer a full range of accountancy, taxation, pay-roll, book-keeping and consultancy services.
We provide services to individuals, sole-traders, and companies. With our ethos of “no customer is too small”, we can assist with your accounting needs whatever your circumstances and whatever the size of your business. We are proactive accountants who take a genuine interest in your business and aim to help you to become more profitable. The team is led by Michael Hendy ACMA, who is a fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant. Michael set up the Certax Sunderland office following over 25 years’ experience of accountancy and business.
What benefits can a good accountant bring ?
- Annual accounts and tax returns produced on time
- Ongoing tax review ensuring you are not paying too much to HMRC
- Make informed business decisions with management accounts
- Become more profitable with financial analysis tools
- Strategic financial advice for your business when you need it
- Professional advice, generally free of charge to existing clients
Our accountancy services include;
- Full or partial book-keeping services
- VAT returns
- Company secretarial services
Choose the right support for you;
Start-up accountancy package – for new businesses to help you get started and deal with the formalities, so you don’t have the worry of “having to do the accounts”, and can focus on building your business. Accounting review package – for existing businesses to identify how you can spend less time and money on your accounts, as well at get better information to help to you make money. Company incorporation – registered office and company secretarial services. Consultancy services – to help you improve margins and drive down costs to make your business more profitable. Get in touch to arrange your Accountancy Review.