Following the government announcement of a new national lockdown 5th January, we will be again changing our operations to comply with the new restrictions.
We will continue to follow government guidance, and will be working from home whenever possible.
Clients are no longer able to visit the office.
In the event that you have paperwork that needs to be delivered to us urgently, we will arrange for this wherever possible. However please call to arrange a time in advance so that we can ensure that a member of staff is available.
We aim to provide as much support as possible to clients in these difficult times, and are contactable as usual via the office telephone number 0191 580 5100 or via our normal e-mail addresses
Updated 5th January 2021
Support for Business during coronavirus
The chancellors latest announcement (5th January) of additional support for business on can be found here;
This is in addition to various support previously announced for small businesses to assist in dealing with disruption caused by the cononavirus
- Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme – extended to April 2021 – paid at 80% for all hours not worked (either full or part-time)
- Local authority administered grants for those businesses required to shut, or severely affected by the lock-down.
- Self-employed income support scheme – 3rd round available from 30th November, 4th round from mid-February
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) to be paid from the first day of absence. Government to fund full cost of two weeks SSP to small and medium-sized businesses
- Coronavirus “bouce-back” loan scheme – easy to access scheme helps small and medium-sized businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) to access loans of up to £50,000 r application is 31st January
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) – provides financial support to smaller businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All businesses with a rateable value of up to £51,000 will pay no business rates for 2020/21
- Businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress will be able to negotiate ‘time to pay’ arrangements with HMRC without incurring late payment penalties
- Installments available for self-assesment tax via online portal – no need to ring HMRC
More details can be found here
What help can I get for my Business
Help for Businesses
Coronavirus Job-Retention Scheme
Bounce-back Loan Scheme
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Local Authority Grant Details
Sunderland – https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/covid-19business?utm_source=Act+Database&utm_campaign=3e829026ce-Sunderland_BID_Bulletin_December_21_12_2018_COPY_0&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b193ea4aeb-3e829026ce-278472569&mc_cid=3e829026ce&mc_eid=3a7bbc6ca5
County Durham – https://www.durham.gov.uk/covid19businessgrants
Updated 5th January 2021
Welcome to CERTAX Sunderland
Here at Certax Accounting Sunderland we offer a full range of accountancy, taxation, pay-roll, book-keeping and consultancy services.
We provide services to individuals, sole-traders, and companies. With our ethos of “no customer is too small”, we can assist with your accounting needs whatever your circumstances and whatever the size of your business. We are proactive accountants who take a genuine interest in your business and aim to help you to become more profitable. The team is led by Michael Hendy ACMA, who is a fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant. Michael set up the Certax Sunderland office following over 25 years’ experience of accountancy and business.
What benefits can a good accountant bring ?
- Annual accounts and tax returns produced on time
- Ongoing tax review ensuring you are not paying too much to HMRC
- Make informed business decisions with management accounts
- Become more profitable with financial analysis tools
- Strategic financial advice for your business when you need it
- Professional advice, generally free of charge to existing clients
Our accountancy services include;
- Full or partial book-keeping services
- VAT returns
- Company secretarial services
Choose the right support for you;
Start-up accountancy package – for new businesses to help you get started and deal with the formalities, so you don’t have the worry of “having to do the accounts”, and can focus on building your business. Accounting review package – for existing businesses to identify how you can spend less time and money on your accounts, as well at get better information to help to you make money. Company incorporation – registered office and company secretarial services. Consultancy services – to help you improve margins and drive down costs to make your business more profitable. Get in touch to arrange your Accountancy Review.