Due to the curent situation in relation to the Coronavirus, and the additional local restictions that have been applied, we are currently operating with reduced staff in the office, and combining this with working from home.
Clients are able to visit the office by appointment only. If you wish to visit please ring 0191 580 5100 to arrange a mutually conveninet time.
We remain contactable at all times via our office telephone number and by e-mail.
Updated 29th September 2020
Government Support for Business
The government has announced various support for small businesses to assist in dealing with disruption caused by the cononavirus.
- Job Support Scheme – from 1st November. The Government will pay a proportion of the wages of staff asked to work part-time hours due to coronavirus
- Self-employed inocme support scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) to be paid from the first day of absence. Government to fund full cost of two weeks SSP to small and medium-sized businesses
- Coronavirus “bouce-back” loan scheme – easy to access scheme helps small and medium-sized businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) to access loans of up to £50,000.
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) – provides financial support to smaller businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All businesses with a rateable value of up to £51,000 will pay no business rates for 2020/21
- Businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress will be able to negotiate ‘time to pay’ arrangements with HMRC without incurring late payment penalties
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – end 31st October 2020.
More details can be found here
Help for Businesses
Coronavirus Job-Retention Scheme
Bounce-back Loan Scheme
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Job Support Scheme
Updated 29th September 2020
Welcome to CERTAX Sunderland
Here at Certax Accounting Sunderland we offer a full range of accountancy, taxation, pay-roll, book-keeping and consultancy services.
We provide services to individuals, sole-traders, and companies. With our ethos of “no customer is too small”, we can assist with your accounting needs whatever your circumstances and whatever the size of your business. We are proactive accountants who take a genuine interest in your business and aim to help you to become more profitable. The team is led by Michael Hendy ACMA, who is a fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant. Michael set up the Certax Sunderland office following over 25 years’ experience of accountancy and business.
What benefits can a good accountant bring ?
- Annual accounts and tax returns produced on time
- Ongoing tax review ensuring you are not paying too much to HMRC
- Make informed business decisions with management accounts
- Become more profitable with financial analysis tools
- Strategic financial advice for your business when you need it
- Professional advice, generally free of charge to existing clients
Our accountancy services include;
- Full or partial book-keeping services
- VAT returns
- Company secretarial services
Choose the right support for you;
Start-up accountancy package – for new businesses to help you get started and deal with the formalities, so you don’t have the worry of “having to do the accounts”, and can focus on building your business. Accounting review package – for existing businesses to identify how you can spend less time and money on your accounts, as well at get better information to help to you make money. Company incorporation – registered office and company secretarial services. Consultancy services – to help you improve margins and drive down costs to make your business more profitable. Get in touch to arrange your Accountancy Review.