Following the Prime Ministers announcement on 31st October, and in line with government guidance, our office will be closed to clients from Thursday 5th November until Thursday, 3rd December.
We will be continuing to work from home and we remain contactable during normal business hours via our office telephone number and by e-mail.
We aim to provide as much support as possible to clients in these difficult times.
Clients are able to deliver paperwork to the office by appointment only. If you wish to do this please ring 0191 580 5100 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Updated 3rd November 2020
Additional Government Support for Business during the lock-down
In view of the November lock-down, the government has announced the following additional support measures for business. More detialed guidance in relation to the various schemes is expected shortly.
- Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme – extended to 2nd December – paid at 80% for all hours not worked (either full or part-time)
- Local authority administered grants for those businesses required to shut, or severely affected by the lock-down.
- Increase in the Self-Employed income support grant from 20% to 40% of earnings
More details can be found here:
Additionally the self-emplpoyed grant scheme has been updated and enhanced – further details can be found here
Existing Support for Business during Coronavirus
The government has announced various support for small businesses to assist in dealing with disruption caused by the cononavirus.
- Coronavirus Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme extended to 2nd December.
- Self-employed inocme support scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) to be paid from the first day of absence. Government to fund full cost of two weeks SSP to small and medium-sized businesses
- Coronavirus “bouce-back” loan scheme – easy to access scheme helps small and medium-sized businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) to access loans of up to £50,000 – Deadline for application si 30th November
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) – provides financial support to smaller businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All businesses with a rateable value of up to £51,000 will pay no business rates for 2020/21
- Businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress will be able to negotiate ‘time to pay’ arrangements with HMRC without incurring late payment penalties
- Installments available for self-assesment tax via online portal – no need to ring HMRC
More details can be found here
Help for Businesses
Coronavirus Job-Retention Scheme
Bounce-back Loan Scheme
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Job Support Scheme
Updated 3rd November 2020
Welcome to CERTAX Sunderland
Here at Certax Accounting Sunderland we offer a full range of accountancy, taxation, pay-roll, book-keeping and consultancy services.
We provide services to individuals, sole-traders, and companies. With our ethos of “no customer is too small”, we can assist with your accounting needs whatever your circumstances and whatever the size of your business. We are proactive accountants who take a genuine interest in your business and aim to help you to become more profitable. The team is led by Michael Hendy ACMA, who is a fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant. Michael set up the Certax Sunderland office following over 25 years’ experience of accountancy and business.
What benefits can a good accountant bring ?
- Annual accounts and tax returns produced on time
- Ongoing tax review ensuring you are not paying too much to HMRC
- Make informed business decisions with management accounts
- Become more profitable with financial analysis tools
- Strategic financial advice for your business when you need it
- Professional advice, generally free of charge to existing clients
Our accountancy services include;
- Full or partial book-keeping services
- VAT returns
- Company secretarial services
Choose the right support for you;
Start-up accountancy package – for new businesses to help you get started and deal with the formalities, so you don’t have the worry of “having to do the accounts”, and can focus on building your business. Accounting review package – for existing businesses to identify how you can spend less time and money on your accounts, as well at get better information to help to you make money. Company incorporation – registered office and company secretarial services. Consultancy services – to help you improve margins and drive down costs to make your business more profitable. Get in touch to arrange your Accountancy Review.