Following the announcement of a new national lockdown in January, we will continue to follow government guidance, and will be working from home whenever possible.
Clients are currently not able to visit the office.
In the event that you have paperwork that needs to be delivered to us urgently, we will arrange for this wherever possible. However please call to arrange a time in advance so that we can ensure that a member of staff is available.
We continue to monitor the situation, and currently intend to re-open our offices in line with government guidance on 12th April.
We aim to provide as much support as possible to clients in these difficult times, and are contactable as usual via the office telephone number 0191 580 5100 or via our normal e-mail addresses
Updated 8th March 2021
Chancellor Rishi Sunak delivered his 2021 Budget speech yesterday, outlining a range of financial measures designed to boost the UK economy once the current coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown ends in England.
Mr Sunak’s speech unveiled a raft of changes, including an extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) until September; a super-deduction providing allowances of 130% on most new plant and machinery; an extension of the stamp duty holiday until 30 September; and £5 billion in restart grants to help boost businesses once the lockdown comes to an end.
Further details regarding the announcements made by the Chancellor featured in the official press releases. Our comprehensive Budget Summary outlines the key measures, including some of the less-publicised changes that may impact upon your business or personal finances.
See the full report here http://certaxsunderland.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Budget-2021.pdf
Support for Business during coronavirus
Various support schemes for small businesses have been announced for to assist in dealing with disruption caused by the cononavirus
- Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme – extended to September 2021 – currently paid at 80% for all hours not worked (either full or part-time) – decreasing to 70% in July and 60% in August
- Local authority administered grants for those businesses required to shut, or severely affected by the lock-down.
- Self-employed income support scheme – 4th round available from the end of April and the 5th round in July.
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) to be paid from the first day of absence. Government to fund full cost of two weeks SSP to small and medium-sized businesses
- Coronavirus “bounce-back” loan scheme – easy to access scheme helps small and medium-sized businesses affected by coronavirus to access loans of up to £50,000 application deadline is 31st March
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) – provides financial support to smaller businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19). Application deadline is 31st March
- Businesses rate relief for most heavily affected sectors
- Businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress will be able to negotiate ‘time to pay’ arrangements with HMRC without incurring late payment penalties
- Installments available for self-assesment tax via online portal – no need to ring HMRC
More details can be found here
What help can I get for my Business
Coronavirus Job-Retention Scheme
Bounce-back Loan Scheme
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Local Authority Grant Details
Sunderland – https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/covid-19business
County Durham – https://www.durham.gov.uk/covid19businessgrants
Updated 8th March 2021
Welcome to CERTAX Sunderland
Here at Certax Accounting Sunderland we offer a full range of accountancy, taxation, pay-roll, book-keeping and consultancy services.
We provide services to individuals, sole-traders, and companies. With our ethos of “no customer is too small”, we can assist with your accounting needs whatever your circumstances and whatever the size of your business. We are proactive accountants who take a genuine interest in your business and aim to help you to become more profitable. The team is led by Michael Hendy ACMA, who is a fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant. Michael set up the Certax Sunderland office following over 25 years’ experience of accountancy and business.
What benefits can a good accountant bring ?
- Annual accounts and tax returns produced on time
- Ongoing tax review ensuring you are not paying too much to HMRC
- Make informed business decisions with management accounts
- Become more profitable with financial analysis tools
- Strategic financial advice for your business when you need it
- Professional advice, generally free of charge to existing clients
Our accountancy services include;
- Full or partial book-keeping services
- VAT returns
- Company secretarial services
Choose the right support for you;
Start-up accountancy package – for new businesses to help you get started and deal with the formalities, so you don’t have the worry of “having to do the accounts”, and can focus on building your business. Accounting review package – for existing businesses to identify how you can spend less time and money on your accounts, as well at get better information to help to you make money. Company incorporation – registered office and company secretarial services. Consultancy services – to help you improve margins and drive down costs to make your business more profitable. Get in touch to arrange your Accountancy Review.